Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
they fit perfect and i love them. it was nice to make something so quick, and strangely i don't feel selfish after all. hope everyone is crafting happy.
Friday, September 10, 2010
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. being an adult- my oldest is entering into that...hormonal stage in every woman's life. sometimes i forget how difficult it was to transition from a child into a woman. I'm glad I'm done with that stage in life.
2. still believing in magic- it surrounds us everywhere, don't believe me? look at the fairy below. i caught a glimpse of her at the botanical gardens.
4. the outdoors- another place that magic abounds.
6. my kids- we went to jump and jive a while back and the two younger finches were thrilled to have a picture taken with the mascot.
8. family trips- at least to places we like going to. where the drive isn't too long. this was a great trip, just look at those smiles.
9. my bed- love my tempurpedic bed.
10. the wonder of a child- every once and awhile i get to see life through the eyes of a child, and it always amazes me.
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
the rollup case for crochet hooks. found the pattern here.
i filled it with hooks, yarn needles, scissors, and a retractable tape measure
the teapot and spoon clasp to close it
i didn't make the beads, i bought them at oriental trading company.
aren't they cute
Friday, June 25, 2010
i have been whipping these little washcloths in my tv watching time.
these grocery bags are so much fun to make. so far i've made 3 of these. two are in the brown varigated and one in the yellow.
her heiness all decked out in her finery. the beautiful hat i made for the hubby, and the bag is the one i made that i'm still not sure of.
so that's what i've been doing lately. the beanies go together so quickly. the bags are mostly chains and single crochet, so they are super easy and fast.
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
i also made a hat that was the same shade of green to go with the booties. the set was so precious. not as awesome as the Aggie set i made, but close. i made a pair of maroon and white Maryjane booties and maroon hat. i have made several market bags too. this coming Saturday i will be heading to the big city of Amarillo to participate in the WWKIP event that a local ravelry group is doing. i do apologize for the lack of posts, but things are crazy busy around these parts. i hope to hear from anyone soon.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
welcome to my crafting blog. i am a self taught knitter, crocheter, and most other crafts. i hope this blog will allow me an outlet for all my crafty endeavors. i am currently working on several baby blankets, washcloths, scrubbers, an owl, and many other projects. if you're reading this leave a comment. i will post later when my darling finches are sleeping, so til then happy crafting.